Pineapple teriyaki salmon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Grated orange rind (optional)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirl to coat. Sprinkle both sides of salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes.
5. Turn fish over and place in oven; bake at 400° for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from oven; brush 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.
7. Return to oven, and cook 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
8. Sprinkle with orange rind, if desired.
No one has liked this recipe.