Pumpkin salad with roast tomatoes and black beans
For 4 people
1 butternut pumpkin, cut into 1 cm slices
Seeds of 1 cardamom pod, ground
300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
1 can (400 g) black beans, rinsed and drained
50 g desiccated coconut
olive oil or coconut oil
100 g Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
zest and juice of 1 lime
seeds of 1 cardamom pod, ground
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan forced/ Gas mark 9).
2. Halve the butternut, scoop out seeds and cut into 1 cm thick slices. Grind cardamom seeds using a mortar and pestle.
3. Put butternut onto baking tray, spray or brush with some oil, salt, pepper and sprinkle with ground cardamom seeds. Bake in the oven for 25 min or until butternut is golden/brown. Turn pumpkin at the halfway mark. 5 min before the pumpkin is done, add desiccated coconut to the baking tray and continue to roast with pumpkin for 5 min.
4. Halve cherry tomatoes and season with oil, salt, pepper and grated ginger. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray and bake in the oven for approx. 20 min.
5. Rinse and drain black beans and pat dry using a clean tea towel. Fry beans in a pan on medium heat until they split open and are slightly crispy.
6. For the dressing mix the yogurt and lime zest and juice, ground cardamom pods and season with salt and pepper.
7. Arrange pumpkin, coconut, beans and tomatoes on a big platter. Serve with cardamom-yogurt and some more lime juice (optional).
main courses June 16, 2019 21:16
Author Anna Jones
No one has liked this recipe.