Raspberry bakewell cake
140g ground almonds
140g butter , softened
140g golden caster sugar
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp flaked almonds
icing sugar , to serve
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 50 min
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
2. Base-line and grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
3. Blitz the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor until well combined.
4. Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top.
5. Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread - you might find this easier to do with your fingers.
6. Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 mins until golden.
7. Cool, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Author Barney Desmazery @ bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/11...