Salsa verde asados - grilled tomatillo sauce
3 lbs tomatilloes
12 serrano chiles
12 cloves garlic - to be grilled
6 cloves garlic - that will not be grilled
1 Tbs salt
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. 1. Husk tomatiloes, peel and halve onions, wash off garlic, but don't peel the cloves meant for grilling. Peel and chop (depending on your blender or processor - don't bother if it will pulverise it).
2. 2. Grill everything on a BBQ grill or in a cast iron skillet.
3. 3. You only need to grill until blackened in spots - not everything needs to be cooked.
4. 4. Peel roased garlic, and remove tops of chiles.
5. 5. Put everything in blender or food processor and process till smooth.
6. 6. It's ready, but you can 'can' it or freeze it too.
7. Tips - Tomtilloes are acidic and don't need pressure canning. Some sources are confused - I suspect that they don't know what tomatilloes are. I researched this well.
8. 7. To can - just fill up canning jars and process in a water bath - follow local recommendations.
No one has liked this recipe.