Salted and spiced gooseberries
Amla ( gooseberry ) 800g Or 35 in number
Water enough to cover the amlas
Dry red chillies 3
Green chillies 4 slit lengthwise
Methi ( fenugreek ) seeds 1 tsp
Hing 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Prep. Time → 1 min
Cook Time → 00 min
1. Wash and soak the amlas in water overnight in a bowl.
2. 2. Transfer the amlas along with water in a glass jar.
3. 3. Add salt, turmeric powder, dry red chillies, green chillies, hing and fenugreek seeds.
4. 4. Mix everything well and check for seasoning.
5. 5. Cover with lid and leave it for at least a week.
6. 6. Mix after every 2 days.
7. 7. After a week, check if the gooseberries have become soft. If they lose their bitterness, they are ready to be eaten.
8. 8. This will stay good for at least 6 months.
9. 9. Sometimes, there will be a black layer formed on the top. In such a case, remove the layer and you can still enjoy the amlas.
No one has liked this recipe.