Sheet pan chicken fajitas
1/3 Cup oil (I use olive oil)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 "family package" of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
4 Cups of sliced bell peppers, any colour (I use green, red and yellow for appearance)
1 onion, sliced
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional...I don't use it)
Prep. Time → 35 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. Combine oil and all of the seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag.
2. Add the chicken strips, peppers and onion, shake to mix and coat all of the chicken and veggies with the mixture.
3. Marinate the chicken mixture in the refrigerator for a minimum 30 minutes, up to 2 hours (I usually prepare this in the morning and let it marinate all day until I'm ready to cook).
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with non-stick foil.
5. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the pan.
6. Roast in the oven, stirring halfway through, until chicken is no longer pink and the bell peppers have softened, 20 - 25 minutes.
7. Pour lime juice over the mixture and toss to distribute.
8. Serve with cilantro on the side for those who like it OR you can put the cilantro on with the lime juice to mix it in.
main courses March 21, 2021 20:08
No one has liked this recipe.