Slow-cooker beef stroganoff
2 pounds ground beef
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
1/4 cup beef stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 package of egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 480 min
1. Coat the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker with a liberal layer of cooking spray
2. Spread shallots across the bottom, top with ground beef and mushrooms.
3. Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce, brandy, beef stock, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients, breaking ground beef apart into smaller chunks. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 7-8 hours (or high and cook for 4 to 5 hours).
4. When 20 minutes remain, cook noodles according to package directions.
5. While noodles are cooking, add sour cream and half the fresh herbs to the crockpot, Stir and cover; heat through.
6. When pasta is tender drain thoroughly and toss with butter.
7. Serve noodles topped with a generous portion of stroganoff, garnished with remaining herbs.
No one has liked this recipe.