1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup walnuts, very finely chopped
1/4 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, chopped and softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a large cookie sheet with parchment. I had coarsely chopped walnuts so I put them in a ziplock bag and pounded them out abit.
2. In the bowl of a kitchenaide mixer mix together the flour, walnuts, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla. Add the butter and combine everything well until mixture resembles a coarse meal. This can be done by hand if you want.
3. Form dough into small balls (can use an ice cream scoop) and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 mins.
4. Take cookies out of oven. When they are still warm but cool enough to touch, roll cookies in the powdered sugar to coat.
5. Let cookies cool completely and then dust more of the powdered sugar overtop of the cookies with a fine meshed sieve.
desserts November 25, 2020 23:50
No one has liked this recipe.