Spinach and asparagus lasagne
10 sheets of lasagne verdi
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
12 capers, minced
1/2 green pepper
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of sundried tomato paste
1 bag of spinach, chopped
8 spears of asparagus, chopped into 2 cm pieces
1 tub of Ricotta
2 tsp of butter
2 tsp of flour
1/2 pint of skimmed milk
Handful of grated mozzarella
Cracked black pepper
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. 1. In a medium sized pan, empty out the tomatoes and add the oregano, chopped onion and garlic.
2 . Once it has reached boiling point add 3 tbsp of boiling water, the capers, onions, peppers and sundried tomato paste. Leave this to simmer gently.
3. In another pan, wilt the spinach, using 1 tsp of boiling water. Steam the asparagus spears over the spinach.
4. Meanwhile, make a white sauce by melting the butter, before beating in the flour, then gradually adding the milk, stirring continually. Add a spinkle of salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Once the spinach has fully wilted and the asparagus is tender, stir them together, tip in the ricotta and the nutmeg and stir thoroughly.
6. In an ovenproof dish, build the lasagne, starting with a layer of the now thickened tomato mixture (it should retain a fairly fluid consistency).
7. Then add a layer of 2 and a 1/2 of the lasagne sheets then add a layer of the spinach mixture.
8. Add a layer of lasagne sheets then repeat the process until the mixture meets the top of the dish.
9. Swirl over the white sauce generously and then add the mozzarella.
10. Bake in the middle of a 200 degree oven (fan) for 30 - 40 mins.
11. Serve with a green salad.
main courses August 18, 2013 21:25
Author Sarah Holmes
No one has liked this recipe.