1/2 Pint Fresh Strawberries
1/2 Cup Sugar
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 15 min
2. 1. Preheat oven to 355 F.
2. Grease the insides of two ramekin dishes with butter. Add a small amount of sugar to each and coat all sides.
3. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
4. Beat the egg whites until they are creamy and stand in peaks on the whisk.
5. Beat the egg yolks, two tablespoons of sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract into a thick paste.
6. Tip half the whites on top of the yolk mixture. With a spoon, fold the whites in to the yolk mixture, lifting slowly rather than stirring them together. Once combined, add the remainder of the whites in the same way.
7. Spoon batter in to the greased dishes.
8. Bake for 13 minutes (refrain from opening the oven door!)
9. Serve immediately.
3. Strawberry Sauce:
4. 1. Remove stems from strawberries and thinly slice them.
2. Blend strawberries and 1/3 of a cup of sugar until completely mixed.
3. Pour mixture into a saucepan over low to medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
4. Keep warm until serving with the soufflé.
No one has liked this recipe.