Tamale stuffed peppers
2 medium bell peppers
½ cup tomatoes, diced
½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup corn
¼ cup green chillies
¼ cup green enchilada sauce
¾ cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
¼ cup cornmeal
2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
hot sauce to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare the bell peppers by slicing off the tops and removing the seeds. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, beans, corn, green chillies, enchilada sauce, ½ cup cheese, cornmeal, green onions and cilantro.
4. Spoon the mixture into hollowed bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish and add about an inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, until peppers are tender and filling is heated throughout; about 50 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm
main courses October 22, 2011 14:39
Author munchin with munchkin (munchinwithmunchkin.com/)