Toaster jam pastries recipe
1/4 cup granulated sugar
10 Tbsp COLD butter: cut into cubes
1/2 cup COLD vegetable shortening, cut into cubes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 3 to 5 tbsp of cold ice water: with ice cubes
2 different kinds of jam: (peach jam and blueberry jam)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
1 1/2 Tbsp juice of orange, about 1/2 cup
1 egg wash: (one egg beaten with a touch of water)
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. 1. In a standing mixer, add dry Ingredients.
2. 2.Add cold butters. Mix well. Like the size of frozen peas:
3. 3.Beat egg with fork: Add in mixer.
4. 4. While the mixer is going, add the cold water at a time, till dough comes together.
5. 5.Put dough on table: combine together, and divide it in half, and warp each half with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 45 mins.
6. 6.Take a baking sheet, and line with parchment paper.
7. 7.Take out dough's, and put on table.
8. 8.In a bowl with corn starch in it, squeeze orange in it. mix together.
9. 9.In a bowl with the peach jam, and a another bowl with the raspberry Jam, pour corn starch mixture in both jam bowls.
10. 10.mix together:
11. 11. whisk egg wash together:
12. 12.put flour on table, put dough on it. Put dough in hand's, and warm it up.
13. 13.take rolling pin, and roll dough into rectangle shape.
14. 14.cut edges with knife to make it cleaner/neater.
15. 15.with a flour knife, cut the dough in thirds, lengthwise.
16. 16. Once cutted squares, take a little of Jam (anyone) and put in middle. Do the same with other jam, in other sqaures. Leave pain extra squares for the top:
17. 17.take egg wash, and brush around the Jam ones. Take plain square one, and put on top of jam one, and press with fingers around:
18. 18.Take a fork, dip in flour, and crimp the edges. And prick the middle a little. And put on baking sheet.
19. 19. Brush the tops with egg wash, and put baking sheet in fridge for an half-hour.
20. 20.when done, put in oven 375* and bake 20 mins, or until golden brown
No one has liked this recipe.