Topopo salad a la el azteco
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded or cut into small pieces
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar or distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 oz frozen peas, thawed
1 cup finely shredded, white mexican cheese (queso blanco)
2 ripse tomatoes, diced
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1-2 jalepenos, seeded and finely chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar or monterery jack cheese
2 cups guacamole
2 cups finely shredded cooked chicken
2 cans refried beans
1/2 fresh lime
1. Mix lettuce, peas, white cheese, chicken, jalepenos, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
2. In a small cup mix canola, rice vinegar and sugar to create a vinaigrette dressing, squeese lime juice into vinaigrette dressing, mix.
3. Add a small amount of vinaigrette, no more than 1/4 cup to salad mixture. (You are not really 'dressing' this, just holding it together and adding a bit of flavor. Taste and add more if desired.) Mix dressing and salad until the lettuce is coated very lightly with vinaigrette, set aside.
4. Warm refried beans in a microwave or on stove.
5. On the bottom of a large plate or pan, place a hearty layer of tortilla chips.
6. Layer the warm refried beans evenly over chips.
7. Top with cheddar or jack cheese and run under the broiler to melt.
8. Top melted cheese with guacamole spread evenly.
9. Top with the salad.
10. Garnish with cilantro.
11. Serve with salsa.
No one has liked this recipe.