vegetable pot pie
1 sheet store brought puff pastry, thawed
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 large onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 potato, peeled and diced
3 cups butternut squash, cubed
2 cups mushrooms, quartered
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pepper and salt to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
1 egg wash: (one egg beaten with a touch of water)
Prep. Time → 20 min
1. 1. in a large pot, add olive oil in medium high heat, also preheat oven to 400*.
2. 2.In pot, add mushrooms, carrots, and onion. Season with salt and pepper: cook 4 to 5 mins.
3. 3. Add butternut squash and potatoes: season with pepper, and salt. Stir. Let cook for a min.
4. 4.Add poultry seasoning and butter: stir till melted butter:
5. 5. Add flour and stir.
6. 6.add vegetable sock: let cook medium heat, 15 mins. Till potatoes and butternut squash are tender.
7. 7. When done, add frozen peas, and heavy cream and fresh parsely. Stir. Let cook 3 mins High heat.
8. 8.unroll puff pastry: sprinkle with flour both sides, and use rolling pin to strech out.
9. 9.pour veggie mixture in big casserole dish: take puff pastry, and pop on top of dish: tuck in. ^
10. 10.take a knife, and make a few slits in middle.
11. 11. Take egg wash, and brush on top of puff pastry.
12. 12. Put in one for half hour, till brown and puffed on top ^
13. 13. Let cool 20 mins.
No one has liked this recipe.