2 red bell peppers
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 cups organic vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Prep. Time → 1h45 min
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place pepper halves in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop peppers.
3. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion;
4. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in cumin and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add bell peppers, broth, squash, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
7. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add beans; simmer 25 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions.