Vietmanese braised duck in orange & star anise.
1 whole duck (or four 1/4's)
1.5lts fresh 100% orange juice
6 x star anise
6 x cloves fresh garlic
1 x large piece of fresh ginger
3 x small fresh red chillis
1 x stick lemon grass (or lemon peel/rind)
1 x bunch spring onions
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
pepper to taste
T. Preparacion → 20 min
T. Cocinado → 1 hour 40 min
1. Heat a large wok and brown off the duck on all sides pouring off the fat as you go, (this should take approx 20 mins.)
2. Crush and add the garlic & ginger, cook out for 1 minute.
3. Pour in enough orange juice to cover 1/2-3/4 of the bird.
4. Add the fish sauce & brown sugar, stir in for 1 minute.
5. Break up and add the star anise.
6. Pierce and add the red chillis (these can removed whenever you like).
7. Bruise and add the lemon grass (or peel/rind of one lemon)
8. Add some pepper then bring upto the boil, then turn down to and simmer for 40mins.
9. slice and add the spring onions.
10. Cook for a further 10mins or until the meat is exposed and starting to fall off the bone.
11. Remove the duck to rest & carve.
12. Reduce the sauce to your desired taste and maybe add a little cornflour to thicken.
13. Serve with plain boiled rice to soak up one of the most sweet, sour, spicy, sticky sauces there is!.............
segundos April 02, 2013 02:46
Autor watched this on Rick steins "Far Eastern Oddessy"
A nadie le ha gustado esta receta.