6 apples (sweet and sour)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp flour
3 to 4 tbsp brown sugar (I used light-brown)
1/2 lemon (just the juice)
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar (or dark)
3 tbsp melted butter
Note: You can add finely minced walnuts or pecans to the topping as well. You can add raisins or other finely chopped (dried) fruits to the filling.
Do yourself a big favor, and serve this straight from the oven, along with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s irresistible.
Prep. Time → 15-20 min
Cook Time → 35-45 min
1. The apples. Go for sweet and sour apples, they make for a much more interesting flavor than just sweet apples. You need freshness. Peel them and give them a coarse chop. Not too small or things will get real mushy.
2. Add the juice of half a lemon. This would be your cue to add the raisins (if you wanted to add them)
3. In a bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
4. Add it to the apples. Mix it all up.
5. Transfer the seasoned apples to a baking dish
6. Mix the oats with the brown sugar and the salt.
7. Stir in the melted butter.
8. Add the crunchy topping to the apples
9. Put it in a preheated oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 375º (175ºC), until the apples are soft on the inside and the top is all crunchy.
Author Kay Kayotic (kayotic.nl/blog/apple-crun...)
No one has liked this recipe.