Bourbon pumpkin shrub
For the shrub (makes approx. 14 cocktails) -
15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
For the cocktail (makes 1 cocktail) -
1.5 oz bourbon
1.5 oz pumpkin shrub
1 tsp real maple syrup
1. To make the shrub:
2. Add all ingredients to a glass container (I used a mason jar), seal, and shake to combine.
3. Put the jar into the fridge for 24 hours.
4. After 24 hours, shake to recombine and strain the solids through a sieve (it's okay if some of the puree makes its way through). The shrub will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
5. To make the cocktail:
6. Add bourbon, pumpkin shrub, and maple syrup to a rocks glass.
7. Stir to combine.
8. Add ice and top with ginger beer.
No one has liked this recipe.