2 Hass Avocados
1/2 of a Jalapeno pepper, seeded, and minced
1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
2 heaping Tablespoons of Cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 of a lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl, and mash together until smooth. Add additional lime juice or salt to taste. For extra spicy guacamole, you can leave in the jalepeno seeds!
2. Notes: This recipe is an approximation based on the original Chipotle recipe below. Please use it as a base for your guacamole creation, and feel free to make improvements based on your own personal preferences.
3. Chipotle's Batch Recipe:
Remove stems and stickers from 48 avocados, wash for two minutes. Cut avocados in half, remove pit, scrape out the good stuff.
4. Mash avocados in large mixing bowl. You don't have to get it to the final consistency yet, but it's easier if they're at least partially mashed at this point.
5. Now for the other ingredients. Add 2-1/2 cups cilantro, 2-1/2 cups chopped red onions, 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno, 1/2 cup lemon-lime juice, and 3 tablespoons of salt. Continue mashing until smooth.
6. When you go to store the guac, put a layer of plastic wrap directly on the guac and squeeze the air out, then put another layer of plastic over whatever container you're using. This keeps the guac from oxidizing and turning all brown. Depending on how long you keep it in the fridge, the top might turn brown anyway, so just skim off the top layer before serving.
March 14, 2012 04:07
No one has liked this recipe.