Gorgonzola and fig quiche with walnut crust
380ml cake flour
125g butter, diced
1 egg yolk
30ml iced water
230g cream cheese
250g creme fraiche or sour cream
3 egg yolks
100g Gorgonzola cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 can (415g) preserved figs or fresh figs, chopped
fresh figs to garnish
Prep. Time → 70 min
Cook Time → 40 min
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
Put the flour, salt, butter and nuts in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs
3. Add the egg yolk and just enough iced water to make a soft dough.
4. Remove the dough from the food processor, gently gather it into a ball and cover with clingfilm
5. Leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes.
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and use it to line 9 small quiche tins (10cm in diameter)
7. Leave to rest again for about 20 minutes. Bake blind and set aside
8. Reduce the oven temperature to 160
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, egg yolks, Gorgonzola cheese, salt, black pepper, figs and milk and divide the filling among the tins, spreading it evenly.
10. Bake for 25minutes or until done.
11. Serve with fresh figs and a green salad
Author You magazine Best Recipes for Summer 2011, nr 95
No one has liked this recipe.