Pan-fried petite sirloin steak
0.4 lb sirloin steak
Salt & pepper
Prep. Time → 40 min
Cook Time → 6 min
1. Season the steak with kosher salt at least 40 minutes before cooking. This is the minimum amount of time that the salt needs to do its job of breaking down some of the meat's muscle tissue and allowing the juices and salt to be absorbed into the meat.
2. Remove the steak from the refrigerator roughly 30 minutes before cooking and let it sit at room temperature; this ensures even cooking. Pat it with paper towels to make sure it's dry. If there's too much moisture on the steak's surface, it won't sear properly.
3. Rub a little olive oil, or your favorite cooking oil, on both sides of the petite sirloin before seasoning it with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
4. Turn the stove on to medium-high heat. Place a cast-iron skillet or a heavy-bottomed stainless steel pan onto the stove's burner. Avoid using a nonstick pan, since it won't get hot enough and shouldn't be used at the high temperature you need to sear the steak.Once you can feel the heat when you hold your hand above the pan, add cooking oil to the pan.
5. Add the sirloin steak to the pan and let it cook for two to three minutes before flipping the steak with tongs. Allow the steak to cook for another two to three minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a cutting board.
6. Cover the sirloin with foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute before you serve it.
No one has liked this recipe.