Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 12 min
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large heat safe bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Vigorously stir in the peanut butter into the hot butter until well combined. Stir in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. OPTIONAL: If time permits, cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours but no more than 72 hours. Let the dough sit at room temperature just until it is soft enough to scoop.
5. Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized balls using a spring-loaded scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly into disc shapes with your palms. Dot each disc with a few extra chocolate chips for picture-perfect cookies.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
No one has liked this recipe.