2 slices bread (or a bagel or a
piece of French stick sliced in half)
1 spring onion or a small onion
30g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar,
2 x 15ml spoons tomato puree or tomato ketchup
½ x 5ml spoon mixed herbs (optional)
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 5 min
1. Preheat the grill
2. Slice the pepper, spring onion and mushroom.
3. Grate the cheese.
4. Place the bread under the grill and toast one side.
5. Remove the bread from the grill and place on the chopping board uncooked side-up.
6. Spread the tomato sauce over the bread using the back of the spoon.
7. Arrange the pepper, mushroom and onion over the slices.
8. Sprinkle the cheese and mixed herbs over the bread.
9. Place under the grill until the cheese bubbles.
Author School Recipes