Red curry chicken thighs with zucchini and carrots
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
2 carrots, sliced in half lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1 can of red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
steamed rice for serving
lime wedges for serving
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 ½ tablespoons oil. Swirl oil around skillet.
3. Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place each thigh into skillet, skin-side down. Sear thighs for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken and continue to sear for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Transfer skillet to oven and bake thighs for 12 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
5. Remove thighs from oven and transfer onto a plate. Place skillet back over medium heat and add remaining oil. Add shallot and garlic and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and continue to saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Stir in curry paste and toast for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and stock until sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Nestle chicken thighs back into skillet, skin-side up and simmer in sauce for 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Scoop steamed rice into bowls and top each pile of rice with 1 or 2 chicken thighs. Ladle sauce into bowls and serve with lime wedges.
No one has liked this recipe.