Spaghetti with prawns, lemon, chilli and garlic
400g dried spaghetti
100-150ml virgin olive oil (diluted with less strong if preferred)
3 garlic cloves, crushed or well chopped
2 medium-hot red chillies, deseeded and chopped
150g vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned and chopped
Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon, plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
300-400g cooked and peeled tiger prawns
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. Cook the Spaghetti as per the instructions.
2. Reserve a small amount of the cooking water (2-3 tbs)
3. Put the oil in the frying pan and heat gently.
4. Add the garlic, chilies, tomatoes and the lemon zest to the oil and heat for 5 mins, not allowing anything to brown.
5. Add the lemon juice being careful it doesn't spit and then add the prawns and cook until warmed through.
6. Once the prawns are cooked and the tomatoes have broken down add the drained spaghetti with reserved liquid to the frying pan, stir well and serve.
7. A small amount of Spinach or Rocket can be added in the final step and allowed to wilt with the heat of the pan.
Author Photo from Delicious Magazine. Recipe similar to that listed here but as per my original...