Strawberry jam tart recipe
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
1/4 tsp salt
1 vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsalted butter, COLD, and cut into bite size peices
1/4 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut into cubes
3 egg yolks
1 a few tablespoons of ice water
1 1/4 cups strawberry jam
1 egg wash: (one egg beaten with a touch of water)
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. 1. In a standing mixer, add flour, sugar, and salt. Add vanilla extract; orange zest, mix.
2. 2.Add butter& shortening; mix. till butter is disturbed through dry Ingredients.
3. 3.Add egg yolks, mix while adding 1tsp of water at a time. Should take 5 tbsp; till dough comes together.
4. 4.Take dough, and slice it in two: one big and small: Pull together, and wrap plastic wrap. Put in fridge for an hour; let sit 5 mins before use.
5. 5.In a greese 9'' tart pan, preheat oven to 375*. Take some of dough, and press down in tart. On a baking sheet;
6. 6.Take a fork, and prick all over and sides. Put foil over tart, and put dry beans in foil. (blind baking) Put in oven for 15 mins. Let cool slightly.
7. 7.Take other dough, and roll out with baking pin on a floured table; take strawberry Jam, and put in tart.
8. 8.take egg wash, and brush around tart; cut strips on dough, and put on tart. Kriss cross. cutt off any excess.
9. 9.Brush top with egg wash, put in oven 375* for 20 mins. Let cool competley.
No one has liked this recipe.