Philadelphia carbonara pasta
2 eggs, 3/4 of a tub of Philadelphia, a handfull of bacon, about 250g pasta, knob of butter, salt and pepper.
Prep. Time → 5 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. Boil some water, and pour it into a saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and the pasta and cook it for about 12 mins, depending on how firm you like your pasta.
2. Cut the bacon into little cubes and fry them in a bit of oil.
3. Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and add to the bacon.
4. Crack the the eggs into a bowl and beat them with a fork. Only a bit so that the white and yolk combine.
5. Now add the Philadelphia to the pasta and stir it.
6. After a minute, pour in the eggs and add the butter. Give it a quick toss and serve.
7. Tip: do not leave the pasta on the job after you have added the egg as this will cause it to scramble and will ruin your carbonara.
main courses November 12, 2011 19:00