Scratch made thai yellow fish curry
5 dried red chillies
2 Lemon grass stalks
2cm peeled ginger (or Galangal)
5 Garlic Cloves
3 Kafir Lime Leaves
2 tsp of shrimp paste (or fish sauce)
1 tsp salt
200 ml coconut cream
200 ml fish stock
3 tbsp tamarind paste
juice of a lime
1 tbsp palm (or brown) sugar
1tbsp Fish sauce
4 x 175g cod (or other firm white fish) fillets
150g pineapple chunks
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Place the dried chillies, turmeric, lemongrass, ginger, shallots, garlic, a lime leaf and shrimp paste with 1 tsp salt in a blender and blend to a fine paste. Add a little water if needed to help blend.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry 4 tablespoons of the paste for 2 minutes.
3. Add coconut cream, fish stock, tamarind paste and 2 lime leaves and mix.
4. Bring to.a simmer then add juice of a lime, sugar and sauce.
5. Add the pineapple chunks and mange tout.
6. Cook for 5 mins then add the fish and poach for 3 minutes.
7. serve with lime wedges, jasmine rice and coriander.
Author Stu 'Come Dine With Me Champ' Hudson!