Steak or chicken fajitas
3/4 lb top sirloin steak
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
1 -2 onions
2 sweet peppers
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Slice steak into thin strips.
2. In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
3. Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
4. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
5. Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
6. In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
7. Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
8. Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
9. Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
10. To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings.
No one has liked this recipe.