Winter hearty spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) ghee
2 pounds ground beef
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
2 broccoli florets – tops only chopped in small chunks
2 chopped semi-ripe tomatoes
1 red pepper thinly sliced
1 jar 32 ounce marinara or tomato basil sauce, or make your own!
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
OPTIONAL: 1 baked whole spaghetti squash (many simple recipes online)
1. Heat a large skillet.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon ghee to large skillet.
3. Add onions and cook until lightly shiny, then add carrots and broccoli florets and red pepper.
4. Sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Remove and place in a bowl.
6. Drain and wipe pan with a paper towel. Reheat pan with the remaining oil (1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons ghee).
7. Turn to high. Add meat in large chunks.
8. Sauté just until browned on outside turning heat to low-medium.
9. Add all the ingredients from the bowl.
10. Add in fresh tomatoes.
11. Add in sauce until it reaches desired thickness. (You may choose to use less sauce.)
12. Cover and let simmer on very low around 30-40 minutes. (YOU CAN NOW ADD THIS ALL TO A CROCK POT AND LET IT COOK THAT WAY TOO).
13. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
14. Serve over spaghetti squash.
No one has liked this recipe.