english apricot cake – recipe.
25 cl light sugar syrup
50 g almonds
4 tablespoons of rum
1 tablespoon of wheat flour
30 cl of milk
200 g of powdered sugar
50 g butter
Prep. Time → 25 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th.4-5).
2. Heat the milk. Mix the egg yolks with 100g sugar and flour. Add a little hot milk.
3. When the mixture is smooth, add the remaining milk and let it thicken over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour the cream into a baking dish when it has the consistency of custard.
4. Wash apricots and dry them, cut them in half and remove the cores. Poach the apricot halves two to three minutes in light sugar syrup (1/4 liter of water + 50 g of sugar).
5. Drain them, place them skin side down on the cream, sprinkle with 50 g of sugar, sprinkle with melted butter and sprinkle with almonds.
6. Roast in the oven. Pour the hot rum and flambé it (optional). Enjoy
No one has liked this recipe.